Deadline: 15 September 2014
Expression will be hosting its ANNUAL NON PROFIT WEBSITE FUND, selecting one organization who will be awarded either a website, if none exists, or other needed web solutions up to a value of $15,000!
- Your organization must be registered as a non-profit organization in your country.
- Your organization must be registered as a tax-exempt organization in your country.
- You must fill out the application.
- You must like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter (which is also a very good idea since we will make all announcements about the Fund through social media).
- Only one application per organization.
Deadline: 1 August 2014
The competition is open to MA and PhD students as well as post-graduate researchers who are affiliated with an internationally recognized higher education institution (university, institute, etc.).
The competition offers young scholars the opportunity to be published in one of the leading international interdisciplinary journals.
Aberystwyth University - Student Essay Competition
Deadline: 1 August 2014
Are we doomed to accept a much more territorially segregated internet in which States or regions erect cyber-borders in an effort to uphold their peculiar cultural, political or legal values as well as protect national economic interests? In other words, to what extent is the future of the Internet emerging as one delineated by sub-global political and legal borders and what are the alternatives?
Residence Support Program trans_2014-2015 | Akiyoshidai International Art Village
Deadline: 31 July 2014
Theme: “The Features of This Land”
16 January (Fri) – 11 March (Wed), 2015 [55 days]
The Residence Support Program provides a time and place for artists to experience new encounters and carry out experiments to guide their future projects. Participating artists are expected to bring new ideas to the local culture and people while they, in turn, will hopefully acquire new perspectives through these fresh encounters. As a result of the residence program, the artists will convey their new experiences, gathered from the local lifestyle and our particular geographic situation, to their next destination.
(Source: he Residence Support Program provides a time and place for artists to experience new encounters and carry out experiments to guide their future projects. Participating artists are expected to bring new ideas to the local culture and people while they, in turn, will hopefully acquire new perspectives through these fresh encounters. As a result of the residence program, the artists will convey their new experiences, gathered from the local lifestyle and our particular geographic situation, to their next destination.)
Deadline: 30 August 2014
Vancouver’s 3rd annual 100,000 Poets for Change event–an event that takes place around the world in hundreds of cities simultaneously. This year, unlike in past years, we will be hosting a virtual event in the form of a short story contest.
Deadline: 30 July 2014
She Leads Africa’s Entrepreneur Showcase is a platform that introduces the continent’s most promising female entrepreneurs to investors, accelerators, and mentors looking to invest in the next generation of African talent.We are looking for early stage startups that want to meet investors, gain access to new mentors, and grow across Africa.
Our top 10 applicants will be invited to pitch their business ideas in front of a panel of notable business personalities for the chance to win a cash prize of $10, 000 as well as other non-financial prizes
- Have a woman on the founding team who will present at the pitch day
- Female founder between 18-35 years old
- Be based in an ECOWAS country and focused on the African market (Diaspora entrepreneurs are welcome)
Deadline: 7 September 2014
How to apply:
f you want to apply for the fourth Afrika kommt! intake from 2014-2016, please make sure you follow the four steps listed below:
- Step 1: Check the general candidate requirements – do you fit the criteria?
- Step 2: Check the available placements and required profiles of the 4. intake of Afrika kommt! 2014-2016 – Please remember you are applying for the program in general, not a specific placement
- Step 3: Visit www.afrika-kommt.de and fill in the application form
- Step 4: Submit your application BEFORE 7.9.2014, 23.59h CET – applications submitted after this date cannot be considered
Candidates need to fulfil the following formal eligibility requirements:
·University degree in a relevant subject (please see individual company profiles below)
·Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) an advantage
·Two to five years of relevant work experience
·Excellent English language skills
·Basic knowledge of the German language an advantage
·Not older than 35 years and physically fit
·Female candidates are welcome
Deadline: 31 October 2014
The contest is part of Ethics for a Connected World, a three-year global education project in celebration of the 2014 Carnegie Council Centennial.
In a world with huge gulfs of wealth and power, how do we ensure that everybody has access to opportunity? Carnegie Council believes that part of the answer lies in fairness—the means by which a society balances the rights and responsibilities of its citizens, toward each other and toward the state.
Deadline: 12 September 2014
Anyone can apply for the Essay Competition, regardless of nationality or age.
Topic 1 — Future of the “SHOSHA” in the Global Economy
Topic 2 — Toward Developing Japan’s “Resources” by 2020: A Strategy for Utilizing Them for the Benefit of the World
Deadline: 20 August 2014
University Students from all over the world can participate in the competition
Essay Contest | TOSHIBA INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION
Deadline: 30 October 2014
Explain and share your views on three points. :
- What does Japan need to reform, and what should it protect and preserve?
- As a country, What kind of message should Japan be sending to the rest of the world?
- What does the world expect of Japan?
Deadline: 13 August 2014
The Lynn Syms prize will recognize a relatively unknown woman activist with an exceptional track record of early accomplishment in community based work to systemically address a pervasive problem faced by women around the world.
Deadline: 6 July 2014
Competition open to women entrepreneurs in emerging countries.
- Be a female entrepreneur from an emerging economy country.
- Have a business plan that meets the eligibility criteria.
- Have a financial need of US$10,000 to US$1,000,000 over the next three years.
- The business should have a positive social and/or environmental impact.
- The business should be located or have impact in an emerging market.